- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour (scoop and level to measure)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 – 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups well mashed overripe bananas (about 3 1/2 medium bananas)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups walnut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan.
- In mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, soda and salt, make a well in the center and set aside.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl whisk together melted butter and granulated sugar.
- Gently whisk in eggs, bananas, sour cream and vanilla.
- Pour banana mixture into flour mixture and fold with a rubber spatula just until combined (you shouldn't see any more streaks of flour); fold in walnuts. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until toothpick inserted into center comes out free of batter (a moist crumb or two is fine but top should be set), about 50 - 55 minutes.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes. Run knife around edges to loosen then invert onto a wire rack. Continue to cool before cutting.