OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup of raisins
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat with cooking spray or line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; set aside.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl beat butter and sugar until fluffy, approximately 2 - 5 minutes. Add in the egg and vanilla.
- Slowly add the flour mixture incorporating all ingredients. Gently fold in the raisins and oats including nuts if using.
- Let the batter sit for 30 minutes or more, this allows the flavors to incorporate and the oats to soften.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 - 15 minutes, check at the 12 minute point to make sure they do not over cook.
- Remove cookie sheet from the oven and let cookies cool for 2 minutes, move cookies to wire rack to continue cooling.