- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/3 cups butterscotch morsels
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease or line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a small bowl; set aside.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in a medium size mixing bowl until light and fluffy; approximately 3 minutes. Slowly add the eggs one at a time until mixture is creamy.
- Gently beat in the flour mixture, next stir in the oats and morsels.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon or medium size ice cream scoop onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven 7 to 8 minutes for chewy cookies or 10 - 12 minutes for crispy cookies. Once removing from oven let the cookies stand for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks and cool completely.
- Makes about 2 dozen cookies.